Journal Articles & Book Chapters* (Peer-Reviewed)
- Colon, M., Crowell, T., Galantino, M.L., Hood, C.L., & Madan, M. (2019). Examining Opioid Overdose Data in Atlantic County: A Descriptive Case Study. NJS: An Interdisciplinary Journal. Vol. 5(2). 125-145
- Madan, M. & Nalla M.K. (2016). Sexual Harassment in Public Spaces Examining Gender Differences in Perceived Seriousness and Victimization. International Criminal Justice Review, 26(2), 80–97
- Madan, M. & Nalla, M.K. (2015). Exploring of Citizen Satisfaction with Police in India: The role of procedural justice, police performance, professionalism, and integrity. Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies & Management, Vol. 38, Iss. 1, pp. 86–101. doi: 10.1108/PIJPSM-06-2014-0063
- Nalla, M.K. & Madan, M. (2013). *Citizen Perceptions of Police Integrity in India: An Empirical Exploration. In N. P. Unnithan (Ed.), Crime and Justice in India (p. 476)
- Nalla, M.K. & Madan, M. (2012) Determinants of Citizens’ Perceptions of Police-Community Cooperation in India: Implications for Community Policing. Asian Journal of Criminology. Vol. 7, Iss. 4, pp. 277–294. DOI: 10.1007/s11417-011-9110-2.
- Nalla, M.K., Madan, M., & Meško, G (2009). The Role of Perceived Relationships between Slovenian Police Officers vis-à-vis Private Security Personnel in Predicting Job Satisfaction. Journal of Criminal Justice and Security. Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 329 – 344. UDK: 351.741+351.746.2:331.101.32
Conference Presentations (*Graduate student) (Select)
- Madan, M. & Black, T* (2019). Sexual Harassment among College Students – Prevalence, Victimization and Student Engagement with the #MeToo Movement*.16th Annual Bouchet Graduate Conference. Yale University, New Haven, CT, April 2019
- Madan, M. & Black, T* (2019). Sexual Harassment – College Students’ Seriousness Perception, Self-Reported Victimization & Student Engagement with #MeToo Movement *.19th Day of Scholarship 2019. Stockton University, Galloway, April 2019
- Madan, M. & Black, T* (2019). Examining Gender Differences and Views about Sexual Harassment in College Students. Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (ACJS). Baltimore, MD, March 2019
- Madan, M. (2018). Violence against Women: Understanding Factors Determining Men’s Views about Marital Rape in India. Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (ACJS). New Orleans, February 2018.
- Madan, M. (2017). Sexual Assault & Stalking in U.S Colleges and Universities: Does Size and Urbanization Matter? American Society of Criminology (ASC), Philadelphia Marriott, PA, Nov. 15 – 19, 2017
- Madan, M. & Vazquez, E.* (2017). Sexual Assaults on College Campuses –Rape & Fondling, and Stalking within US Public and Private Post-secondary Colleges & Universities. Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (ACJS). Kansas City Marriott Downtown, Kansas City, Missouri, MO, Mar.21 – 25, 2017 (*Graduate Students)
- Madan, M., *Bielecke, A., *Leiva, H.L., & *Medvetz, S. (2016). Rape (Gang-Rape) in India – Understanding Nature of Other Criminal Activities Associated with Rape: A Content Analysis. Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (ACJS). Denver, CO.
- Nalla, M.K. & Madan, M. (2015). Explaining Gender Differences in Justifications of Sexual Harassment of Women in Public Places in India: Social, Cultural, and Individual Attributes. American Society of Criminology (ASC). Washington, D.C.
- Madan, M. (2013). Understanding Attitudes Toward Spousal Abuse: Beliefs About Wife–Beating Justification among Men And Women In India. A dissertation submitted to the School of Criminal Justice, Michigan State University in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Criminal Justice – Doctor of Philosophy
- Madan, M. (2006). Quasi-likelihood inferences in gamma AR(1) models for longitudinal data. A thesis submitted to the School of Graduate Studies in partial fulfillment of the requirement for the Degree of Master of Science in Statistics, Memorial University.