Dr. Madan is an Associate Professor (tenured) of Criminal Justice. His research is based on gender-based violence and citizen-police relationship with an international and comparative lens. Recent research includes sexual harassment in public places, sexual victimization in college campus.
He teaches courses on South Asia, Violence against Women, Police Behavior and Research Methods, Law Enforcement & Policing, Introduction to Criminal Justice in the School of Social & Behavioral Sciences at Stockton University.
- Ph.D. (Criminal Justice) – Michigan State University, US
- M.S. (Statistics) with thesis – Memorial University, Newfoundland, Canada
- M.Sc. (Statistics) – University of Delhi, India
- B.Sc. (with Hons.) Mathematics – University of Delhi, India
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Sexual Harassment article ranked#4 in Top 10 CRIM articles (2016)
- President’s Outstanding New Scholar Award by WSSA
- Research article on Procedural Justice recognized as ‘notable scholarship’ by Procedural Fairness for Judges & Courts in US